Saturday, October 5, 2013

Holy Jadeite Batman!!!

Thursday night at my usual weekly thrifting venture, my eye caught a glimpse of a familiar and very loved color....

So I saw one, no two, no four , no eight....OMG 10 Fireking jadeite mugs....

What? WHAT?? WHAT???

Are my eye deceiving me??? Then it hit me! I should just shut up ad scoop them up while nobody was taking an interest!

While I was putting them in my cart, a lady told me....You know, these are very old and made of Pyrex!
                                             This is truly once in a lifetime find!

                                           I'm still pincing myself about this find

                                  An orgy of Jadeite goodness

                               To tell you the truth, I paid such a low price for these that I'm doubting these are
                               real, they might be repros. But then I think that the people that work at               Renaissance don't kow shit about these things , so they might be totally real!
                                
                               I compared one with one I already had and I can't say I see a difference.
                              
                              So I will be keeping 2 and putting the balance in the shop.

                              If someone is interested, just contact me and I'll be happy to wheel and deal.

                             Tonight I'll be attempting to prepare oven baked french toast, so I'll keep you posted about that!

                                Sleep peacefully

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh Wow! I would have been doing a happy dance for sure!

Jill said...

That is a major find- good for you!!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! Nice find. And thanks for the tip! I didn't know about the Renaissance shops, and I live in your neighbourhood, so I've added them to my list of Not To Miss shops. I'm not working full time anymore, so there's lots of time for me to thrift and gift! Thanks!!

Amy Lavender Harris said...

Such beautiful mugs -- congratulations on a great score!!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

WOW! Congrats - serious score.