Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday

Don't you love Sunday?

I DO!

I get to visit with Joel Olsteen, veg out, hang out with the cats, cook and watch movies on TV.

Today I I tried a new breakfast recipe...for Canadian Farmhouse Eggs

                                             It was a delicious mix of egg, potato, ham salsa and chili sauce

                                             Here's the link HERE
                                             Now of course I changed the the recipe: I used ham instead of canadian bacon, I mixed salsa with chili sauce (because I was certain the recipe called for salsa) and one egg per casserole instead of 2. It was delicious!


 Now from the thrift store....Can you believe this Tupperware container without a lid.....
                         
                                                    For this price????

                Ok last but not least....
                                                    This is a seen around picture
                                                      
This poor chap didn't have a chance!
 
Now i've been thinking and talking about Halloween lately....
I remember when I was a kid, you just had to have a carved pumpkin with a candle and you
were in business.
My mom would hand out: Peanuts in the shell,molasses taffy, bubble gum, rockets and lollipops.
 
Individual chocolate bars were virtually unheard of....You had to go in the really rich neighborhoods to get these....
 
Today I read that in North America we spend 6.1 BILLIONS in Halloween candy!
 
Isn't that crazy???
 
And kids are going hungry
 
Go figure
 
It makes me sad 

2 comments:

Jill said...

How can Halloween even be the same for children now, they have treats all the time, back then we so looked forward to all those treats. I remember going to certain houses for the fudge, and you're right, bars were a luxury item!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Halloween was so special because the candy was such a treat...It is the same for my Grandson as he does not get much in the way of candy at all. I am making him a treat bucket of raisin boxes, goldfish box and some candy but not much!

The breakfast looks so good! I love dishes like that.