Tuesday, November 5, 2013

S-C-O-R-E!!!

There are a lot of rummage/church basement/craft sales at this time of year.

The Montreal Gazette publishes a list every October so fans can plan their thrifting outtings.

So I had a couple of sales planned for last friday. The wind was really bad in the Montreal region and flashing was flying, signs were rattling and walking was precarious!

The first church sale had mostly crafts and baked goods, I bought lemon cake , pepper jelly and a crocheted mouse for the kitties.

Second church had been a personnal holy grail for me as I bought my first piece of Delphite there; a 502 fridgie for $2;  about 23 years ago.....

So I was ready for more! After being rattled and shaken by the crazy wind... I made my way to the basement and I could've sworn I hear the Pyrex angels playing harp and singing!

                                 A nearly new Tree of Life Pyrex Promo Casserole!
                                    It seems that the real name is really Saxony
                                     which in my opinion is not as nice....
                                      The condition is great and it $6.00 !!!

                                 It is so nice to find a piece I don't have :)

                                      Time for me to go beddy bye

                                      Sleep tight!

6 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I think I heard the angels singing when you shared this Pyrex piece! Love it!!!!!

Cheapchick said...

Beautiful! I love church sales.

Mick said...

$6.00! What a find! I think of you every time I use my Yellow Fridgie, and when i give guided tours of the Casablanca I always point out that it was sent to me by the Pyrex Queen of Canada ;)

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

That's a GREAT score and a great price!!!

ThrifterSisters said...

LOVE it!! I found the same one at an estate sale a couple of months ago for 5 bucks! We are so lucky :-)

~Erica

Anne@Kitschy Vintage said...

That's WONDERFUL! I don't think I've ever seen that pattern -- what a SCORE, indeed!