Sunday, July 20, 2014

Some Cool TCB

Yes still going on with the TCB!!!

To tell you the truth we didn't do much this weekend....probably because of the great heat and humidity and it was afterall our first weekend after the very, very tiring first week back from vacation!!!

So basically we only tackled one TCB project....The kitchen faucet. It has been dripping for a while, make that 6 months....I had this idea that the cold water cartridge needed changing....It is always the first thing to go....And the handle on that side was brocken too!

 So yesterday I cut the water, and start dismantling the faucet handle. While attempting to remove
the cartridge, I pull and pull and finally it comes undone and I whack myself on the forehead with the plyers! OUCH! I am sporting a pretty big bump on the forehead.

I put everything back together, turn the water on...and guess WHAT? It still LEAKS!!!!
 So it must be the spout washer! I change the washer...and guess WHAT??? IT LEAKS!!!

NOW I AM PISSED OFF AND I'M BANGING POTS IN THE KITCHEN AND WASHING DISHES. Dan asks: Do you want me to do the dishes? NO! I AM FRUSTRATED WITH THE SINK!!!

So I leave it be. This morning Dan helps me shut off the hot water so I can do the same on that side...

 It is very corroded on this side and gunky...And Dan attempts to remove the cartridge, pulls and pushes, with a hammer, chisel, plyers...the whole tool box.

MORE THAN AN HOUR! We are quite discouraged....

We give it another go and give up. It is not coming out. EVER!!! The only thing I will be able to do is change the handle.

Which I do. And turn the water back on. We will just have to live with the drip until we redo the kitchen and change the counter, sink and faucet.

 With the new faucet handles...

Now guess what? GUESS WHAT? It is not leaking anymore and we don't understand why! CRAZY!

A vacation TCB I forgot to blog about was the frames....

 We have been wanting to frame some prints for more than a year! We couldn't find cheap frames at first....Frames are cheaper at Michaels in the U.S than in Michaels in Canada! And we got great deals at The Christmas Tree Shop ! That was last year...
 But when we started to frame the prints, I broke the glass from one frame !!!

 So last October we got more frames and they have been gathering dust ever since!
About the prints: The first one I got from Etsy as a gift for Dan.
Of course I had to get a Pyrex advertisement...From Etsy as well.

The last one; the Mid-Century house I got years ago from the Sally Ann for .99 cents.


 Here's the finished wall.
We love it!
 Last pic is not that great. My step daughter loves this lamp and Dan broke it 2 years ago....I promised I would fix it. Well it is fixed! Vero I'll give it to you soon!

Well my friends that is it for today! It is time to prepare our evening meal. Grilled marinated prok loin with veggies. Delicious!

2 comments:

Mick said...

You inspired me to get my butt in gear and TCB! I fixed a lamp, and I'm post about it tomorrow!

Jill said...

That's a great Pyrex ad!

We framed a large tea towel with a frame from Michael's - it wasn't a bad price with the coupon - that's about the only time you can buy anything in there - so expensive!!