Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Just no luck

While vacationning in New England , we took Newhampshire's route 4 AKA Antique Alley.

The way I had read about it was...that there was an avanlanche, no an ORGY of flea markets and antique malls......

And I couldn't wait to visit.....

We only stopped at 1 mall, mall is stretching the truth, even gilding the lily....The mall was okay, but it was regular sized, and kinda of boring.

Let's face it I prefer utilitarian objects from the turn of the century up until the 70's, the place didn't have a lot...

Mostly tchatskies....and ornate victorian knickknacks.....

We passed on half a dozen of Antique and Gift shops.....which are even less my thing....and they are the same shops I LOOOOVED when I was a child.

But not this time. So that was it for UN Antique Alley!

I also visited 3 other thrifts....

                                          I wanted to bring this red Dansk baking dish home with me
but it had a big ding on the other side

 This thrift shop is in York, Maine
it is spotless and full of treasures...
 I don't really get the mushrooms motif but it is fitting if you live
near the forrest!

 not appetizing....

 One of my classic's

 I did spot this Pyrex bottle

 But somehow my heart was not in it....
I also visited the Portsmouth, NH Goodwill.
I did not bother to take pictures....
I was pretty bummed out!

But my frown was turned into a big ol'smile with
this big bowl of Goldenrod's clam chowder!

So delicious!


2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I am sorry you didn't find any treasures this trip - but you have to love a good bowl of chowder and that looks very tasty!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This sounds like one of my road trips! No treasures and prices too high and well, the food was the best part of the trip! Maybe next time.
hugs,
Linda