Sunday, December 6, 2015

Oh My!

You know how it is...the end of November and beginning of December has been....work,home,sleep and a bit of Xmas shopping squeezed in between!

When we moved back in late August Dan was oh so sure that we were going to watch tv late on weekdays since we didn't have to wake up at 4:45 am to catch the train.

Well it isn't exactly going as declared because I fall asleep around 9:30 compared to 10:00 before...oh well!

Dan finished the oven surround and it was declared perfect by the installer! So Thursday I celebrated by baking some Pillsbury pumpkin pie spice cookies that were purchased on deep discount.

The new oven is a dream....I can't wait to really bake.


I was soooo happy it was one of the best days of my life!
I felt handicapped without a working oven.

 Love that the light comes on when you open the door.

On another note....
I went to a church basement vintage sale.
I had no idea what it was...
Well I was sure I died and went to vintage heaven!

 I had no idea this existed in Montreal
Pyrex, Fireking, Tupperware,Glasbake....
ALL VINTAGE!



I was so happy to look at all these treasures.


It was full of vintage lovers....and so glorious.
The sales are held regularly.
I will be there next time!

On a different note....



 Friday night, I went thrifting and spotted the Santa coin bank which I bought rather quickly.

I then went on my merry way, I heard Dan's voice tell me: Are you going to regret
not buying the candles? YES!!!

So I went back in the thrift and told them : I am sorry but I have no choice, I must buy the candles....
And the owner shaved a couple of bucks from them.

Not the cheapest, but since the lot was under $15, I say yes to the joy of
Xmas blowmolds!

We started working on interior Xmas decorations
Blowmolds and Department 56 Original Snow Village and Dickens Village

Win Win decor win!

Sleep tight! 



2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Nice oven, you will enjoy it for sure! I have a hard time leaving vintage Christmas at the thrifts also! Can't wait to see your outside decor.
hugs,
Linda

Cheapchick said...

So glad you have an oven again - I completely understand how hard it is to live without an oven. This summer was torture - I could easily live out of a minifridge but no oven truly sucked. Great finds!