Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy Canada Day!!!

To all my Canadian readers from coast to coast I wish you a wonderful Canada day!

Here in Quebec July 1st is MOVING DAY. Leases are usually 12 months and start on July 1st.

Which means that it is treasure day for a trash picker as myself....It is true that I try to limit the stuff I bring home because, let's face it my home is very well stocked, not to mention my Dad's apartment!

Today, returning from a fast trip to the corner grocer, I took the opportunity to visit the different piles of trash on my street....

Boy was I in for a MAJOR find! This is something I have been yearning for for several years....

And it was waiting for me lying on its side on top of a box of empty bottles....

 A safe T blowmold ice cream cone!!!
OMG! I ran home as fast as I could holding it tight just
like a little girl squealing with delight!
I will be purchasing a lottery ticket this afternoon!

 I got new sandals, half off with free delivery....
See how well my toes compliment the sandals?
And they are comfy! BONUS!

 I had to call a company to clean my roof drain, I have a flat roof.

See the dark space in the middle of the picture?
I was informed that hole was home to rats....
RATS! EEEEEWWWWW!
The exterminator is coming Monday morning!
Earlier today while vacuuming we blew out a circuit but we can't reset it...
Oh well, I'll try to have an electrician early next week...

And no week is complete without a condescending email from the executor.
The good news is that I am choosing not to let it ruin my day and that I should be rid of her
by the end of September.

Another good news is that I have found the joy of blogging again!

Be safe, be well

and 

Keep on thrifting! 

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Happy Canada Day to you too! So glad to see you back blogging. Great find! I would love a moveout day/trash picking day! I have to seek out those who put out free signs on the side of the road instead. Eek rats! Yucko.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It looks like a Happy Canada Day for sure!!