Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Year!

Happy New Year to all my readers!

2016 was a very important year for me. It was hard, sad, good, teary,happy and then some!

I am finishing a week's vacation where I mostly slept, cleaned,cooked  and slept some more.

I feel so stoked, so energized. It is a wonderful feeling! The sky's the limit!

This year I made achievable resolutions....

NO MORE credit card debt and less procrastination at work.


I added a new one today....Taking better care of myself; drinking more water, eating less sugar, moisturizing more....moving more....

Those I should be able to achieve not like losing 75 pounds in 3 months and becoming an Olympic athlete.

I am also grocery shopping from my freezers. So far with frozen turkey breast I made turkey tacos and there was enough left over to make turkey ramen with edamame (from the freezer too), lasagna with ground beef , Italian sausage and Portuguese bacon all from the freezer, last but not least was a big freezer container of traditional french Canadian meatball stew (ragout de boulettes) served with boiled potatoes and parsley for supper tonight...with left overs for lunch tomorrow!

I say it is a win-win!

Since the beginning of the year we brought 10 boxes of books and stuff to various thrifts.


 Of course I didn't donate any of my beloved Xmas Pyrex!
Way too precious!

And tonight I am watching the Golden Globes...

And I am wondering what the hell Nicole Kidman was thinking when she
embarked on her plastic surgery journey. She was so beautiful, so natural....
and tonight I only saw the plastic doll face....So sad

And Felicity Hoffman! She is a character actress, playing real women and tonight she
looked like an orange Barbie.

I am thinking there was a BOGO on Botox! A lot of foreheads look ironed!

Just what is wrong with wrinkles, expression lines, and creases ?

On this note...I will sign off and go moisturize!

Sleep tight!

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Definitely don't get rid of that Pyrex :) I need to drink more water too. I was having a dry January until I had to shovel twice today....drank the ciders that were in the cupboard as my reward but intend to drink less the rest of the month. Both for money and for caloric intake

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have my precious pieces of Pyrex that I shall keep forever also. Still the downsizing continues and it feels good. I like to see women realize they look good with wrinkles and more natural then all the glam stuff. Still I don't have a camera in my face like they do. I too am hoping to move a bit more and take better care of me. Hugs!