Sunday, February 19, 2017

Out thrifting....

I haven't been thrifting in a long time...I would like to say forever, but that is just not true

Saturday we decided to go on a road trip...first Lake Placid...changed our minds because of weather and politics....

then we opted for Cornwall, Ontario and then i saw the weather update...not good a foot of snow or more...

so that is when we opted for Valleyfield, Qc.....My Dad lived there as a child, we had a VR there for some years and it is still an area we enjoy...

First off here some things I left....


 I was tempted by the fondue plates...
I have been craving cheese fondue and chinese fondue...

 Nice Corelle teapots plus a Pyrex coffee pot

 I had never seen plastic Cinderella bowls...Unknown maker.

 Those kitties were a hoot but too expensive at $10 each....

 The 4 bowls were $20. A good price but I already have them..




 These are the goodies that came home with me....

A large Fireking Jadeite bowl, a stainless steel tissue box cover,
a vintage S&P set (corn) , a vintage tin and a big beer glass.

The shakers were .50 the pair, the tissue box cover was $5 (great because retail they
sell for $30-$35), the tin and the glass were free....
My biggest find was the bowl!
That dealer had no idea what that was and he let me have it for
$5. Yes $5!!!! WOOT!

I'm keeping the bowl for the time being....

Here's a close up from the tin....

It felt really good to go for a car ride, to thrift, to hang out....
NICE!

Till next time! 

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I haven't been thrifting in awhile either. Sat I went to an Antique Mall and had the best time. Spent $5 and came home with a new McCoy planter.

Cheapchick said...

A jadeite bowl for $5 = wow! Find of the year! Love the tin too, I like anything Vintage Christmas. We too are avoiding the border. As long as a certain someone is in the oval office I refuse to step over the border. Mom was going to see her brother/sisters in the fall but is rethinking that, doesn't want to get involved in the family and discussions of politics. Tough as she is 73 and not sure how much longer she will want to make the trip.