Sunday, December 31, 2017

So Long 2017

On this last day of 2017, I cannot help but look back on this extraordinary year.

This was really a year of changes and transitions.

My mourning was in a different stage. Less sad and more about the good memories.

I sold the rest of the books, the cds and most of the dvds . That is a great weight lifted of  my chest.

And with all those things gone we can start really occupying the space and decorating how we want.

Speaking of which....

 My Dad never decorated outside for Xmas....But I do!
So I got some turquoise wreaths and garlands from the Dollar store and
some battery operated lights...it looks really awesome at night!

 My Xmas table with Charcoal Snowflake Pyrex and canned cranberry sauce.
That tablecloth was real cute but of cheap quality.....
it is fading on some spots....
a little bit of last minute decor! I was too tired and stressed out for elaborate
decorations so I pulled that one of in less than 15 minutes.
the wooden Xmas tree was handmade by Dan as a gift for my Dad in 2015.
Dad loved it! He kept it out all year round.

I just took pictures of the tree which means that I will be able to post them tomorrow
(I hope) 

Dan being in a wheelchair meant that I was the nurse, maid, cook, butler you name it I was it and I still am but now with Xmas behind us I feel more at ease about being caregiver.

We have 4 cats: one is diabetic and has chronic diarrhea. She needs her insulin and a pill every morning to control the output.
one behavioral issued and needs an antidepressant and has stomach issues so he needs cortisone.
One is not sick but seems to spread some type of cat flu to Bandito (antidepressant) and Meghan...
so since October they need 3 applications of eye drops a day plus some lysine to boost their immune systems.

That makes for super busy mornings!

And I work full time! Bless my employer that allows me to work from home a couple of times a week. Then I can keep an eye of Dan....that fell from the chair and now has bursitis.

The company I work for moved from a dusty dingy building to brand new digs downtown
Montreal1 It is heaven! It is connected to the underground city so when the temperature dips I can go walk, or shop, or lunch in 5 different malls.

 New building, all shiny

  I got Peanuts Xmas shoes!
Thank you Santa!

I would really like to post tomorrow...
Fingers crossed!

Happy New Year!

Don't celebrate too much!

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Love your peanuts shoes! You have a large load on your plate but I am sure all your furry kids and hubby appreciate it :) Happy New Year!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Quite a year my friend. I hope things only get better as 2018 starts! Hugs to you.